Thursday, February 11, 2010

Cruise like you never cruised before!!





This experience was so overwhelming it took me a few days to decide how I would approach this blog. Well here goes and understand no matter how well of a description I give you will NEVER be able to imagine what went down until you experience it yourself.

So here we are on a 3 day Cruise for my best friend Carey’s birthday. We booked the trip months in advance. I had no idea that weekend would be the start of JD’s college auditions. So I arrange for my sister and roommate to step in for me. That still didn’t negate the fact that I felt a little guilty for not being there for his first audition. Actually he really didn’t feel a need for anyone to be there with him. I was also a little bummed because I was going to be missing the Super Bowl. My cousin has an amazing Super Bowl party every year I would be missing it. And to top it all off a friend of mine died last week and I was going to miss the funeral. I actually considered missing the birthday cruise. Whenever I have a friend who passes I wish I would have spent more time with them. So I figured I better go spend time with my friends who are still alive. I navigated around the storm.

Friday I set off to meet 4 friends from high school in Long Beach. As we walked to the dock from the parking structure I noticed something very unusual. Everyone I saw was black. That’s just unusual in California. I would have expected this in Atlanta maybe or at Magic Johnson Theatres. Then I noticed another minor detail. They all looked like they had stepped out of a lil’ Wayne video. Okay maybe not everyone, but most. I was like what the what is going on up in here. Then it was revealed to me this is the 10th annual “Super Bowl” cruise. Alright I can handle this, cruising with my people, sweet.




We had the most amazing time; Great food, Karaoke like I’ve never seen it before. The entire crowd was on their feet singing the songs. I danced until dawn; until my jeans stuck to me, I had a sweat line down my back, and I had to go change my shoes. Being girly with multiple outfit changes and hanging with my girls was the highlight of my trip.


I have to say if I had wrote this blog while on the cruise or when I first got home this is how it would have went:

I just got back from the most GHETTO cruise ever. Take every rap video and a little R & B and roll it up in to 1500+ ni**as on a partying, boozing cruise. As I walked down the hall all I smelled was weed mixed with cologne and perfume. Fools had stereos blasting with the doors wide open and full on liquor bars in their room. Oh, that’s funny. You couldn’t bring drugs or alcohol on this cruise. I wonder how that happened? And the club at night, lordy lord was full of woman looking like they were pole dancing on men (instead of the pole) with their clothes on. I was like "get a dang room." People were gyrating and guys were bouncing women on their laps. Oooohhh wee. Let’s not talk about folks wearing robes, slippers and head scarves to breakfast in the morning. In the words of Bill Cosby “Come on People”. There was a guy who wore a silk robe to the club one night with no freaking shirt on. And a woman wore a shirt that said “I f*** on the first date”. I swear this was the first time in a long time I found myself judging folks. Especially when we were in a single filed line waiting to get back on the ship in Ensenada and people just got tired of waiting and decided to bum rush the entrance. It was utter chaos because 50 people decided they would cut in line. In Ensenada’s at “Papas and Beer” I had a guy grope my butt so hard he sent my underwear up my crack. Let’s just say I cussed him out so bad I would be embarrassed if my momma, daddy or church friends saw it. I could have swore I was back in the Old Testament smack dab in middle of Sodom and Gomorrah (for you heathens out there look it up). Needless to say I did not look back when I left that joint - for fear of turning to stone. That’s just a snippet of the negative side.



However that last description may sound. Overall I had an amazing time chillen’ with my girlfriends. I cruised like I never cruised before. We were just five women on a cruise having a good time praying to God we wouldn’t be arrested in Mexico for talking too much smack to the wrong person. It just wouldn’t have fit into my busy schedule.

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! I knew you would capture the good with the bad but mostly the good! I will never NEVER forget my 30th (YES MY 30TH) birthday. The highlights being your face when we walked on to the dock, laughing and dancing all night, and our most famous saying "that sure is some ni--a sh_t!" Definately, a cruise to remember!!

    ReplyDelete