Sunday, January 31, 2010

First Things 1st

Jordan and I spent very little time with each other this weekend. I told myself this year whenever my kid is home, there I will be too. However, Saturday he had a speech and debate tournament, ALL DAY. The first debate tournament I missed in a long time. Last year he was in Dramatic Interpretation also know as DI. He's in the top 60 in nation. This year he is doing a DUO. Basically a DI with two people. His partner is an equally talented kid. They went neck and neck all last year. I think Sam is in top 45 in the nation. Put them together and BAM!! You got 1st place at their 1st tournament on Saturday. Jordan also placed 2nd doing an HI (Humorous Interpretation). I helped him with memorization on Thursday. Yes I said Thursday, two days before the competition. He works well under pressure. Those are his words. While he was out bringing home the trophies. Mama was home doing homework. And today he was giving tours at his school I was at church, target and a movie with my sister.

How do I feel about this? I guess that's the point of this whole blog thing, huh? Well, last year I was at all speech and debate tournaments, maybe because I had to drive him and since there is never really a definite finishing time at those events I found myself lingering like a lost puppy hoping he would let me in to watch him in the finals. The first year and a half he would'nt let me in at all. I remember walking into the room once, hoping he would just over look my presence. He just stood there looking at me and I got up and left. I figured I would give it a try. :). So yesterday I was home. He drove himself. I'm sure we will find the balance of me showing up for support. Like other parents who had driving teens last year.

Oh yeah, how do I feel about this? I'm cool. I think it's all a part of the weening process. There's a first time for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment