Saturday, January 23, 2010

Moments become memories

Today didn't start like any other Saturday. Generally Saturdays are me sitting at the kitchen table with my books,papers,notepads, and the computer sprawled out all over the place while I cram all of the weeks assignments in to approximately 8 straight hours to turn in my class report(s) on Sunday by 10pm eastern. Hey, I used to do that on Sunday after church. But this week was a big week for me on the school front. With two group projects and one individual project I freaked myself out earlier in the week and did that on Wed and Thu after work instead. By Thursday night I was done, which meant a stress free weekend.

This morning I woke up with little on my plate. Well, I had to go to my storage and take everything out of both storage containers only to pack them all over again, because Salvation Army wouldn't take all of my donations. I told Jordan, this morning, I needed his help. He came willingly. Though, he did "check"me (lovingly of course - I'm still old school) about telling him at the last minute. Note taken. For some strange reason I thought I could move couches and tables and beds all by myself. If it wasn't for Jordan and his manly muscles I would still be at square one. However now I have it down to, the give away container and the keep container. Which this time next week will only be the keep container. Simplifying the finances. I learned some things from Dave Ramsey. Look him up, awesome financial planning stuff.

Before the whole storage thing Jordan decided he was craving Crumbs cupcakes. Jordan's getting ready to go and I'm cozying up in the big green fluffy chair in my room , the start of me getting my relax on. Out of no where I ask him "you want me to ride with you?" and with no hesitation he says, "sure." This is a big deal because I am not eating sugar right now and Crumbs has the best darn cupcakes. Heading north on the 405 towards Beverly Hills Jordan is wearing his shades driving and me? I'm in the passenger seat. surprisingly "getting my relax on" I stare out the window, taking in this moment of hanging with Jordan. This time next year there will be no spontaneous Crumbs cupcake runs. Maybe I will FedEx them to him at college. The billowy clouds look so fake against a crystal clear blue sky. Those are cumulus clouds. I remember that from meteorology class freshman year in college. Huh, this boy/man driving was in my belly when I took that class. We hit traffic which is common for LA, brake lights are everywhere. I say nothing. He's handling it. This ride is very different then rides in the past especially when he first learned how to drive. Every 30 seconds I was telling him where to go, how to look over is shoulder "don't get too close", "put on your blinker", "PUT ON YOUR BRAKES!!"...but not this time. The lack of conversation doesn't bother me, neither one of us feeling like we have to entertain the other. Just taking a ride to get cupcakes. I noticed the differences. His car radio is about 10 notches higher then my radio. The window is down blasting in the crisp cold air. I just let him do his thing and I take in the moment.

If you go to Crumbs Jordan swears by the Raspberry Swirl and Blueberry Cobbler cupcakes.

1 comment:

  1. Crazy that at one time this full grown adult was in your belly. How time flies! It's awesome that you are noticing that though and relishing in your moments with Jordan while he's still home!

    ReplyDelete