Thursday, May 13, 2010

A surprise that made me cry tears of joy and relief....

Nearly two years ago my son had a photo displayed at the Museum of Tolerance here in Los Angeles. When the exhibit was over they displayed it in his school. Just last year he had one displayed at the Japanese Museum downtown. The center of the picture was the most beautiful cherry blossom tree. We framed that one and gave it to my parents for Christmas. It is absolutely beautiful. He's an amazing artist.

Well today I come home and his very first photo is there with a belated Mothers Day card. It said "Happy Mothers Day" (on the out side) "from someone who thinks your doing an amazing job" (on the inside). I was choked up just reading that. I'm thinking great he noticed. Then I proceeded to read the long sentimental dissertation inside. It was as if I was outside of my body witnessing every lesson I instilled in him unfold through the words right in front of my eyes. In his own words he expressed the answers to my greatest questions "Did anything I do or say sink in and what does my kid think of me?"

And I sobbed tears of joy and relief. I will forever remember this moment. I'm sure he will too. The day his mother cried all over his shirt.

I am so proud. Parents nothing we do for our kids is in vain.

3 comments:

  1. I am crying right now with you and as a new outsider looking in you have done a fabulous job with helping him be a fabulous person! I cant wait to see where our friendship goes because I only stick with winners!! Thanks for sharing with us. Lots of love to you both, Shelly Chloe's Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful and touching. You are blessed NatashMD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he is so lucky to have had such an awesome Mama. I miss you. we need to catch up. maybe I will stop in on my way to Ukraine. wink.

    ReplyDelete