Sunday, May 23, 2010

A roller coaster ride of a weekend.

As the time approaches us quickly for moments to absorb they pass us too fast like a thief in the night or better yet a freight train without breaks . For months graduation was quickly apporaching, at times it seemed as though it couldn't get here fast enough.

This weekend the train left the staion full speed ahead. In the midst of the planning and being slightly overwhelmed I almost let it zip by, but instead I grabbed on to that train and held on tight with my eyes wide open.

This weekend I was a nervous wreck. I couldnt think straight. I was forgetting things. My emotions are flying inside me like the biggest and fastest roller coaster at six flags. You know the one you anticipate riding and then almost change your mind when you are waiting in line? But you tough it out and hop on only to be whipped around up and down back and forth all while lauging and screaming at the top of your lungs. Well , I think that is where I am. Excitement beats out the fear, laughter holds back the tears and when it comes to a hault you are so exhilerated you are sad it is over. You get of that ride searching for the next.

Well the ride is over. The graduation came and went. However we did not leave the theme park yet...NEXT!!

2 comments:

  1. ohhh that was such a tease blog.. I'm on the roller coaster, and right as it came to the top of the mountain.. before you nose dive 27 feet, it came to an abrupt halt... !!!!
    eagerly awaiting the rest of the weekends blog.. in the meantime CONGRATS to both of you! Hard work really does pay off. You have an amazing son, and no one is shocked, cause you are nothing short of amazing yourself Tash! :kym

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know its hard for me to see you as an adult with a grown child and not see us as the little girls we were when we first met. Its been too long since we have seen each other. Only 3 more years and I will be riding this same roller coaster.save me a seat.

    ReplyDelete