Monday, May 10, 2010

Nostalgic Moments

So much is spinning and swirling inside of my mind. Not sure if there is anyone out there who may understand when you have several emotions that make up one emotion that you can't necessarily pinpoint the exact emotion. That's were I am. Jordan has nine more days left of school. That's great. Graduation is two weekends away. He turns eighteen next Saturday. I remember when I turned 18 and it just seemed like I instantly became an adult. Does anyone have any advice on how to be a parent to an 18 year old. :) Even though I have been lost in my thoughts I am still trying to take in the moments.

Yesterday we were up until 2:30 watching aVeronica Mars marathon. I know that show is random, but we were taking in the moment. Dang that show was good. I never even thought twice about it when it was on. We laughed together. About 3 episodes in I heard myself and realized I had been asking him a question about the show every 5 mins. It was funny. Surprisingly he wasn't telling me to stop talking like usual.

Last weekend I came home from doing his graduation invitations and I was talking to him and he said "stop being nostalgic." The interesting thing about that statement was that I wasn't talking about anything in particular he said it was the way I was looking at him. I just laughed and tried to play it off like I wasn't. Let's just say the kid was reading the subtext. So crazy every time I would coach him before an audition I would say "what are your thoughts behind the words." He was definitely in my thoughts behind my words.

Jordan has been petitioned by an advisor at school to exhibit a piece of art work. I know what doen't this kid do. Well, Saturday I come out of the room to a very nostalgic moment and I recorded it.


3 comments:

  1. hi Tash. dont ya love that my new daughters name is the same as yours? I do = ) have you heard of http://147millionorphans.com/147-gear
    I am doing a fundraiser for our adoption and if you see anything at the link you want let me know. If I dont get 20 orders I dont make anything. you can email me at katieostar@yahoo.com even if you dont want a shirt you could email me and say hi. hint hint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boy is BAD!!! Can't wait to see ya'll next week. Would love if you could make it to Disneyland too! Congrats as always to you and Jordan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the May 10th post!!! My baby nephew is a young man!!! I just adore adore adore him!!!!!!!! And you too!!! You're an excellent writer!!! So glad to be on the journey with you two!!! Looking forward to the 4 of us celebrating his 18th birthday tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete