Monday, March 8, 2010

And the winner is...

I should have blogged about this a week ago. Shoulda coulda woulda - sometimes life just gets so crazy and throws you off your routine. Last weekend JD had a debate tournament that he had no intentions of let me go to. I asked did he want moral support and he said "No" Yep that's it. Just "No." So I made plans to catch a movie and relax, but when I got out of church I had a couple of text messages "I picket fenced semi final round...1 1 1" and "Awards start at 2:30 cal state long beach".

For those of you who don't know speech and debate lingo that meas all of his judges gave him the top ranking of a 1. Which the night before he came home pissed off, because two judges gave him a 1 and another judge give him a 7 (meaning he was the worst in that round - according to that judge)

At this stage in the game my plans changed in an instant. I text my sister and brother-in-law and they headed that direction as well. He was feeling really good about the tournament at this point. It's always a hurry up an wait situation. I guess its just preparing him to be on a movie set. We arrived at 2:15 and the awards didn't start until about 4:45. Which is okay, it gave us a little bounding time.







The anticitpation





The runners up


And the winner is....

He qualfied to go to the state competition.

**I promise I'm going to get better quality video soon. :)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to JD!!! You must be very proud of him. All the best to him at the state competition.

    I am glad I found your blog. I am loving reading it.

    ReplyDelete