Wednesday, March 24, 2010

More letters from colleges

Tonight my sister and kidney twin came over and my roommate was home. Checkout the video of Jordan opening his letters from De Paul University in Chicago and Howard University in D.C.



(My brother brought this to my attention, in his words: "If you're at work, stay close to your volume. Hint: there's ALOT of screaming")

This weekend will be interesting. JD is off to Notre Dame. I'm so excited for him. It will be a good chance for me to imagine what it's like when he's off to college. Not like I haven't done that before. Last summer he went to Colorado for 10 days. That was an experience for both of us. When he was younger he used to go to my parents for the entire summer, spring break and Christmas break. The only difference was that he was coming home. I think maybe one of my fears is that he will go away and not want to come home. I know that's silly. Or is it? It will be what it will be. God has blessed me with the honor of raising an amazing young man. I remember when he was younger I asked him "Do you belong to me?" and he said "No God's just letting you babysit." Well my babysitting duties are coming to an end. It's not like I'm being fired. I will be changing positions; More like guidance counselor, friend, and I will always be mom or "mother".

5 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS nephew!!! I know you’re waiting on NYU, but isn’t it great to have SOOO many options? We are all so proud of you! And don’t worry Jordan; it’s perfectly ok to have a crazy Auntie and mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting!!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Orianna (Dixon) GriffinMarch 25, 2010 at 6:42 PM

    OMG!!! I didn't know you taped the entire celebration! Too funny!!!! I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself. I love my nephew!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! This is great, congratulations Jordan! Also, congratulations to the family support you have. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. $50k??? Wow..Congrats young man. I wish you all the best. Hello Natasha..still waiting to hear back from you ;-)

    ReplyDelete